This page provides details of the ongoing technical steps used create this website. The details include any external libraries or resources, and any modifications for external elements to work with this site.
- The Content Management System (CMS) for this site is WordPress. Installed using the web hosting installation method.
- Installed the unite theme from colorlib. [Updated 2017-10-04 NewspaperX theme]
- Made some modifications to the colour scheme.
- #294eb5 – Darker blue/purple
- #1384ed – light blue
- #18d9f2 – aqua
- Modified the sidebar menu to include, search, recent posts and categories.
- Added social links.
- Changed the permalinks of the site for best SEO practice.
- Modified the heart post dividor to a square
- Added bibtex browser plugin to wordpress.
- Improved security of the standard WordPress installation.
- Added Google Analytics visitor tracking to wordpress.
- Added custom function to exclude certain blog categories.
- Installed ‘Post Grid’ wordpress plugin. Used for blog feed on homepage.
- Fixed a problem with links not working on mobile devices on the unite theme from colourlib.
For reference, the #hex colour pallet of the site:
The source code for this site is also available at this github repo.