This page lists my research activities, including my research interests, my current and previous previous research involvement. I have also included the students supervision I have been involved with and the other projects I have worked on.
- Data Mining and Machine Learning
- Social Media Analysis
- High Performance Computing
My principle research interests are in the field of data science.
Clinical trial to study Individualised risk-based Screening for Diabetic Retinopathy (ISDR) funded by the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR).
Research concerned with processing big data from the NHS healthcare environment focusing on techniques in the areas of High Performance Computing and Computational Optimisation.
Research project which involved using computation modelling to investigate the impact of music on mood and behviours.
Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) project funded by Innovate UK (formally Technology Strategy Board (TSB)) in collaboration with the University of Liverpool’s Department of Computer Science and an industry partner in the field of digital marketing.
EPSRC studentship funded PhD research.
Website boundary detection
AJAX Interface to search services
BSc project into the development of client side interfaces to SRU/SRW search services.
- Andy (co-supervised 2017/2018 as part of Healthcare Data Integration project).
- Boris (co-supervised 2017/2018 as part of Healthcare Data Integration project).
- Mike Green (co-supervised 2016/2017 as part of Healthcare Data Integration project). BSc (Hons) Computer Science with a Year in Industry [G403]. Dissertation title: “Efficient Processing of Health Data”
- Yang Li (co-supervised 2013/2014 as part of Brand Reputation Mining project). MSc Computer Science [CSMS]. Dissertation title: “Data Visualization Tools”