[Update: see details on my new(er) jekyll site]
This page provides details of the ongoing technical steps used create
this [my previous wordpress] website. The details include any external libraries or resources, and any modifications for external elements to work with this site.
- The Content Management System (CMS) for this site is WordPress. Installed using the web hosting installation method.
- Installed the unite theme from colorlib. [Updated 2017-10-04 NewspaperX theme]
- Made some modifications to the colour scheme. For reference, the #hex colour pallet of the site:
- #294eb5 - Darker blue/purple
- #1384ed - light blue
- #18d9f2 - aqua
- Modified the sidebar menu to include, search, recent posts and categories.
- Added social links.
- Changed the permalinks of the site for best SEO practice.
- Modified the heart post dividor to a square
- Added bibtex browser plugin to wordpress.
- Improved security of the standard WordPress installation.
- Added Google Analytics visitor tracking to wordpress.
- Added custom function to exclude certain blog categories.
- Installed ‘Post Grid’ wordpress plugin. Used for blog feed on homepage.
- Fixed a problem with links not working on mobile devices on the unite theme from colourlib.
Here are details on my previous university website.