This page lists my research activities, including my research interests, my current and previous research involvement. I have also included the students supervision I have been involved with and the other projects I have worked on.
My principle research interests are in the field of data science including (but not limited to):
- Data Mining and Machine Learning
- Social Media Analysis
- High Performance Computing
- Personalised healthcare and precision medicine
This study looked at diabetic complications in a large population with a particular focus on the Under diagnosis of diabetic neuropathy.
Clinical trial to study Individualised risk-based Screening for Diabetic Retinopathy (ISDR) funded by the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR).
Research project which involved development of client and server applications to curate personalised music playlists based on predictive computational models.
Research concerned with processing big data from the NHS healthcare environment focusing on techniques in the areas of High Performance Computing and Computational Optimisation.
Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) project funded by Innovate UK (formally Technology Strategy Board (TSB)) in collaboration with the University of Liverpool’s Department of Computer Science and an industry partner in the field of digital marketing.
EPSRC studentship funded PhD research.
This work was developed as the dissertation project for my MSc in Advanced Computer Science.
The research involved developing Bayesian techniques for website boundary detection.
This work was developed as the dissertation project for my BSc in Internet Computing. The research involved developing advanced client side interfaces to search services.
This section highlights some other project I have worked on which have a stronger focus on software development and deployment in real-world environments. A full list of project can be found here.
Grants / Funding
- Andy (co-supervised 2017/2018 as part of Healthcare Data Integration project).
- Boris (co-supervised 2017/2018 as part of Healthcare Data Integration project).
- Mike Green (co-supervised 2016/2017 as part of Healthcare Data Integration project). BSc (Hons) Computer Science with a Year in Industry [G403]. Dissertation title: “Efficient Processing of Health Data”
- Yang Li (co-supervised 2013/2014 as part of Brand Reputation Mining project). MSc Computer Science [CSMS]. Dissertation title: “Data Visualization Tools”
This section lists the activities I have been involved in to disseminate my research or provide knowledge exchange using the skills I have developed in my career.
You can also check the events page to read more details how I have been involved in various outreach activities such as seminars and groups.