This page lists my research activities including my publications & presentations and research interests. I have also listed my current and previous research involvement. along side grants and funding and students supervision
My principle research interests are in the field of data science including (but not limited to):
- Personalised healthcare and precision medicine
- High Performance Computing
- Web Data Mining and Social Media Analysis
Liverpool Uveal Melanoma Prognosticator Online (LUMPO)
Clinical trial to study Individualised risk-based Screening for Diabetic Retinopathy (ISDR) funded by the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR).
This study looked at diabetic complications in a large population with a particular focus on the under diagnosis of diabetic neuropathy.
Research project which involved development of client and server applications to curate personalised music playlists based on predictive computational models.
Research concerned with processing big data from the NHS healthcare environment focusing on techniques in the areas of High Performance Computing and Computational Optimisation.
Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) project funded by Innovate UK (formally Technology Strategy Board (TSB)) in collaboration with the University of Liverpool’s Department of Computer Science and an industry partner in the field of digital marketing.
EPSRC funded PhD research.
This work was developed as the dissertation project for my MSc in Advanced Computer Science. The research involved developing Bayesian techniques for website boundary detection.
This work was developed as the dissertation project for my BSc in Internet Computing. The research involved developing advanced client side interfaces to search services.
- Grant One
- Grant Two
- Andy (co-supervised 2017/2018 as part of Healthcare Data Integration project).
- Boris (co-supervised 2017/2018 as part of Healthcare Data Integration project).
- Mike Green (co-supervised 2016/2017 as part of Healthcare Data Integration project). BSc (Hons) Computer Science with a Year in Industry [G403]. Dissertation title: “Efficient Processing of Health Data”
- Yang Li (co-supervised 2013/2014 as part of Brand Reputation Mining project). MSc Computer Science [CSMS]. Dissertation title: “Data Visualization Tools”